Monday, May 9, 2016

The Orient Express


Maybe it's the fact that I live in the landlocked Midwest, but I look forward to being able to ride the train in Europe almost as much as being there itself. One of my favorite experiences was the nine hour trip from Lucerne, Switzerland to Vienna. The train quietly weaved its way through the alps, alternating between gorgeous pastures, snow capped peaks, and ancient villages. As much as I wanted to sleep, my desire to soak up the gorgeous surroundings kept me awake the entire trip. 

Belmond has decided to bring back the golden days of travel, in which the experience is as much about the journey as the destination. While they currently have seven luxury trains running throughout Europe, Asia, and South America, the most famous is the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. Delightful vintage cabins, gastronomic cuisine and lively onboard entertainment make a journey through Europe on this luxury train one of the world’s finest travel experiences. Can you imagine a more elegant way to travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment