Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Interiors :: Parisian Apartments


This morning I showed you a beautiful chateau in the Loire Valley, and since I couldn't pick which amazing Parisian apartment I wanted to feature this afternoon, I figured, why not just include both?  I recently stumbled across the fantastical home of French designer Patrice Gruffaz and absolutely fell in love.  Doesn't it seem like it is right out of a fairy tale?  The mushroom table and stools are out of this world cool and I love his unusual choice of color palette and textiles.  It is quirky, witty, and personally I love it!

Images via


The second apartment, home to Danish designer Klavs Rosenfalck, was unoccupied from 1963 until he his purchase in 2008.  The abandonment didn't help it's condition, but it did preserve the original architecture from the horrible design that was the 1970's and 1980's.  I love the contrast Klavs created with the highly modern furniture placed against the ornately guided molding {I mean seriously, some of those walls could easily be mistaken for Versailles}.  And how beautiful is that Venetian Glass Chandelier?  Seriously impressive.

So what do you think?  Do you prefer the first whimsical apartment or the second traditional-meets-modern home?  Personally, I can't resist amazing architecture so I love the second, but the decor of the first is more up my alley.  My dream apartment would combine elements of the two to create an unexpected but enchanting home fit for the wanna-be-Parisian I am.

Images via Elle Decor

13 comments:

  1. Why does everything in Paris have to be so amazing? why? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the Parisians are not afraid of color!

    http://liveitinerantly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I absolutely love both apartments, and would happily live in either!! :P My favourite is probably the second apartment since it's just so beautiful. You definitely can't find apartments like it easily anymore. Lovely post :)


    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many rich colors. I really love all the fresh floral arrangements, but can we talk about the dog portrait on the wall? Favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the crazy quirkiness of the first one, the elegance of the second...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i know!! so fun and quirky. i am always on the lookout for pieces like that when antiquing...i'm sure i could easily find one in paris. they have the BEST flea markets in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you SO much melissa!!!
    i sincerely appreciate your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you debra! i know, we DEFINITELY don't have apartments like that in the midwest :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i know!! i wouldn't miss it as much if it wasn't so darn amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could definitely see us living in both ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i know!! the home owner actually owns a shop in paris called lieux {http://www.lieux-decoration.com} that is filled with quirky interiors like the mushroom table and chairs. i'd love to check it out sometime :)

    ReplyDelete