Friday, January 3, 2014

Art :: It's Tim Walker's World

I recently listened to Grace Coddington's delightful autobiography on CD, and I have to say that my favorite part of her book by far was the glimpse she gave us mere mortals into the fashion world.  I was the most interested in learning more about the world-renowned photographers she so often worked with at Vogue, and in particular her description of Tim Walker's fantastical photo stories.

Walker's photos, often inspired by children's books and fairy tales, overflow with whimsical, dreamy images.  Scarlett Johansson floating on a couch surrounded by balloons, a pastel princess riding on her turquoise steed, an aviatrix flying her plane in a formal drawing room...all are normal occurrences in Walker's fashion editorials.  I don't know about you, but if given the choice I would dive head first down the rabbit hole into Walker's world.

Want more Walker?  He has two beautiful coffee table books filled with his spectacular images: Tim Walker Pictures and Walker: Story Teller.

Images via 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

26 comments:

  1. Splendid, magical photography. I'm particularly drawn to the aviation themes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his work!! So whimsical. These are all such fabulous scenarios

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know, they make me want to dive into the magical photographs and live in his dream world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful inspiration!


    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tim Walker! I have the Story Teller book, it's a wonderful coffee table book. I recommend it to any fashion/art/photography lover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whimsical aspect of these pictures! Just perfect, thank you for sharing :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tim Walker's vision and talent are beyond beautiful. So inspiring for any person remotely interested in photography. I am always transported into a dream world when I look at his photographs. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounds amazing, i think i may need to buy it for myself as a belated christmas present :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i couldn't agree with you more dear! i sincerely wish i could have gone to the exhibition in london.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen so many of these photographs before, but never have known who the photographer was. His work is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I'm OBSESSED with these photos. Seriously. I'm pinning like 5 right now. Great find!

    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks emily! aren't they just amazing? i have been searching high and low for a source to buy his prints...so far no luck :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. i know, i love how magical and dreamy his aesthetic is. definitely one of the best photographers of our time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, definitely a magical wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  15. simply stunning!

    seeshopeatdo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i know, i just wish i could dive into the photos and live there for awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is new for me. of course i have seen an image or two, but seeing so many together and seeing this continuum of a story he seems to be telling in his photographs, well it's just stunning. thanks for the intro.

    ReplyDelete
  18. glad to have helped inspire!
    have a wonderful weekend christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Tim Walker's work with Mulberry! It's so very reminiscent of Where the Wild Things Are... I never knew that the fantastical was a theme of most of his work! I'll have to keep my eye out from now on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i know! looking at those ads makes me want to watch the movie again :) thanks for stopping by nat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yup, this definitely reminds me of you :)

    ReplyDelete