Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Moveable Feast

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it says with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." - Ernest Hemingway  

I don't know what it is about this city, but it doesn't seem to stop taking my breath away.  I constantly have to pinch myself because I still can't believe I am actually here.  I feel more and more at home here every day and certainly understand why Julia Child, Fitzgerald, Hemingway, and so many more famous writers, artists, musicians, scholars, and chefs continue to return to Paris over the years.

Here are some images that stayed with me today:
 {The Parisian cafe culture}

 {Whimsical spaces such as the Palais Royal and various metro signs}
 {Flowers + symmetry at the Palais Royal Jardin}
{Elegance at the Place Vendome}
{A delicious Croque Madame for lunch, plus a stop at the legendary Angelina's for their signature dessert, le Mont Blanc - a delicious combination of meringue, chantilly cream, and chocolate hazelnut ganache}

{The perfect Sunday afternoon in the Jardin du Tuileries}

{And of course, Le Tour Eiffel}

7 comments:

  1. Flowers, colors, buildings, food, carousel, dessert, and beautiful parks. A perfect Sunday in Paris. It almost feels as if I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dessert looks delicious, making my mouth water looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was sooo good! wish you were here to share it with me. i am actually going back to angelina for high tea on thursday with my new friend jess that i met at my cooking class. it will definitely be difficult trying to pick just one dessert to have! miss you!!!!

      Delete
  3. Tres bien! Molly you have the Masters eye. Beatiful photos and I can feel your joy. Love all you people shots. And the black and white of the Eiffel Tower..l'piece de resistance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about the rooftops. My favourite photos from Paris are always the rooftops- either from the top of the Pompidou or at a park in Belle Ville. And now I really want to book some train tickets to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey anonymous up there was me!

    ReplyDelete